A world of vibrant, sustainable communities where there is sufficient permanently affordable housing.
Clinton Housing Development Company (CHDC) is a not-for-profit community-based organization founded in 1973, dedicated to building community by preserving and creating high quality, permanently affordable housing in Clinton/Hell's Kitchen. We integrate community, cultural, and green spaces into developments and provide consulting services for larger community initiatives.
We collaborate with neighborhood and citywide stakeholders in both the public and private sectors. CHDC developments promote diversity and economic integration by respecting and valuing the people, history, and physical character of the community.
Housing is planned, renovated, or built with people as the first concern. Tenants are an integral part of the development and construction process. By putting people first, our staff creates affordable apartments, which are well-maintained years after renovation.
- Community: We believe in cultivating community through collaborative efforts that promote diversity and honor the history of our neighborhood.
- People: We respect each individual and encourage participation in the community.
- Quality: We are committed to the thoughtful design of beautiful, high-quality, durable housing and green spaces that elevate daily life and inspire pride in our community.
- Innovation: We work with others to develop creative, flexible solutions to preserve and improve our community.
- Sustainability: We are committed to ensuring the integrity and stability of our community by making choices that enhance social, economic, and environmental sustainability.